Tuesday, June 9, 2009

ICECREAM CAKES



Yes they were this good, and almost this yummy. Sorry I don't have step by step pictures for this one, but my kitchen was MESS while I was making them and I was making dinner at the same time. They were QUICK.

I started with the silicone cup cake liners like these http://tinyurl.com/lbt2x3

Then I brushed them with melted chocolate and let that set about 10 min. Then I added a little sliver of cake. I think the cake was 1/3 of a single layer cake. If I figured it right I could cut at least 24 from one cake. Then we put a little glob of hot fudge and a scoop of ice cream. I used my pampered chef large scoop and it was the PERFECT amount of ice cream. We let that in the freezer until we were done with dinner and topped with whipped cream.
They were the perfect serving size sort of, and really hit the spot on a cold day. The chocolate was a little much. I'm thinking next time about brushing the sides with a good brush of chocolate and doing a cookie crumb crust rather than the cake and then fudge and chocolate chips before the ice cream. They went together so fast I'm thinking this would be a GREAT birthday desert rather than a cake for Abbie this year. We will still have carrot for Rick, but this could be fun. If I used real whipped cream I could put that on and freeze it all at the same time, or just roll the ice cream in sprinkles no whipped cream. Not sure, but YUMMA!!!












No comments:

Post a Comment